Senior PV Design
Speak to a Solar Specialist Today!
Senior PV Design
Renu Energy Solutions is currently looking to hire a Senior PV Design Specialist in our Charlotte, NC office. We desire smart, hard working employees who are looking to grow a career in the renewable energy and energy efficiency business.
We offer a fun, high energy and professional work environment where career growth is expected for strong performers. We are growing rapidly in the North Carolina and South Carolina markets and hope that you can be part of our team.
Responsibilities for Senior PV Design:
- Manage line of communication between client and lead residential PV design specialist
- Use CAD software to support engineers by preparing drawings, sketches and diagrams
- Draft working drawings, create module layouts, wiring diagrams, wiring connection specifications, solar racking components, as required for instructions to installation crew
- Draw master sketches to scale showing relation of proposed installations to existing facilities and exact specifications and dimensions
- Measure factors that affect installation and arrangement of equipment, such as the modules and the balance of system
- Prepare and interpret specifications, electrical calculations, total array area(s), and other factors that are directly related to the scope of work
- Maintain current knowledge of the NEC and all building codes applicable for proper solar system and structural design
- Analyze collected information for project designs
- Develop design concepts by working from notes, sketches, standards, and design criteria as well as from oral instruction and discussion with operations staff
- Assist engineers with design and detailing of various components, including structures for horizontal and vertical layout
- Provide drafting and other support to engineering staff, including preparation of cost estimates.
- Prepare preliminary and final construction drawings for solar plans
- Prepare alignments, plans and profiles
- Adhere to requirements and meeting standards as well as providing guidance to other technicians
- Work in a collaborative environment and actively participating in designing and completing a design accordingly
- High School Diploma; Bachelor of Science Degree in Science or Technology (preferred)
- Desire to get into renewable energy industry and build a career with a regional solar leader
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to a rapidly growing business environment
- Ability to give full attention to project details, and to use logic and reason to create solar energy system layouts and schematics
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
If interested in filling the Senior PV Design position, send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions About Solar:
How exactly does going solar and a solar system itself work?
How many solar panels do I need for my home?
Roof-size/available space: When we look at the size of your roof and the space available, we gather data that tell us the maximum number of solar panels your home or site can hold and we even consider shading. We use a software “Suneye” which takes a 360 picture of your roof and we use this photo to determine if your home is a good candidate for solar.
Energy Usage: When we determine energy usage we look at your past electrical bills from over the course of a year to make sure your system isn’t too big or too small.
Your Budget: We take your budget seriously and most importantly, we want you to be satisfied with our services. We take your feedback on how much you want to spend so that we can size your system appropriately.
What is solar net-metering?
Does Duke Energy offer net-metering?
Curious about the cost of a home solar system?
Home Solar System
The amount of electricity that a solar energy system will produce will depend on a number of factors, including the location of the home, system design, and much more. Ideally, a home with an unobstructed south-facing view will produce more than enough energy.
Installing battery backup along with your solar energy system for home or business is a smart move and can increase the value of your clean energy investment as well as peace of mind when a grid outage occur.
Electric cars – with no gas engine at all – now work for most budgets and lifestyles. With more and more models to choose from, drivers are choosing electric vehicles (or EVs) than ever before!