Solar for Home Builders
Solar for Builders
Solar for builders has leapt forward in the Carolinas in recent years, and solar energy systems are now popular among homeowners. Renu Energy Solutions is here to help homebuilders understand the benefit of incorporating solar into new construction, particularly by choosing the efficiency and aesthetics of SunPower panels, which deliver the greatest value.
The economics of solar for builders are excellent for residential electric customers across the Carolinas. Gone are the days when solar panels were a luxury, reserved for only the most dedicated eco-conscious consumers: The market for clean energy is mature and the technology is proven, as these recent success stories show.
- Real-time power production and consumption monitoring across devices
- 40-year useful life of Renu’s recommended product line, SunPower
- 25-year parts and energy production warranty
- System configuration that ties into electric grid – in many areas of the Carolinas customers are credited the full retail price for surplus energy they contribute to the grid.
- The ability to roll the price of solar into the home mortgage, an easy way to fund solar and achieve savings
Solar for Builders Incentives:
Customers may also qualify for incentives – such as:
- Federal tax credit of 30%
- South Carolina state tax credit of 25% for homeowners that also work in-state
- Net energy metering is available for most energy customers including all Duke Energy NC customers – this is where a bidirectional meter accounts for full bill credit when excess solar power goes to the grid
- Duke Energy Carolinas and Duke Energy Progress’ commercial, residential, and non-profit solar rebate 2018-2022
Add Value For Your Client with Clean Energy
When a builder opens up the conversation about solar power with a customer, it’s an opportunity to alleviate concerns about utility bills in the home, and to envision the years of energy the panels will produce.
We understand that as a builder, some of your main concerns about getting involved with solar are all likely to be:
- Aesthetic appearance
- Workmanship and product quality
- Adhering to a predetermined timeline
Let us show you our commitment to consistently flawless installations with solar for builders, our readiness to deliver on the construction schedule you set, and our willingness to help you and the homeowner navigate available low-interest loan programs.
The homeowner may be surprised at the thought of rolling the solar system installation purchase price into the home loan, with tax-deductible interest. This is practically always a big win for the customer, with a barely-noticeable increase in the mortgage, as Renu Energy Solutions can demonstrate. In return they’ll realize a significant reduction in utility bills, for 25-40 years or more.
Frequently Asked Questions About Solar:
How exactly does going solar and a solar system itself work?
How many solar panels do I need for my home?
Roof-size/available space: When we look at the size of your roof and the space available, we gather data that tell us the maximum number of solar panels your home or site can hold and we even consider shading. We use a software “Suneye” which takes a 360 picture of your roof and we use this photo to determine if your home is a good candidate for solar.
Energy Usage: When we determine energy usage we look at your past electrical bills from over the course of a year to make sure your system isn’t too big or too small.
Your Budget: We take your budget seriously and most importantly, we want you to be satisfied with our services. We take your feedback on how much you want to spend so that we can size your system appropriately.
What is solar net-metering?
Does Duke Energy offer net-metering?
Curious about the cost of a home solar system?
Start Your Solar Journey Now!
Speak to Us Today!