10 Kw Solar Quote
10 kW Solar Quote
Do you need a 10 kW solar quote for your home? A 10 kW or larger solar system is bigger than much of what Renu Energy Solutions typically installs residentially, but we’ve done our share at this scale.
For a larger homes for which this size of solar installation is appropriate, the good news is that most utility companies that serve our areas don’t impose any monthly fees on solar systems of this size, as they do in Virginia and some other states. The components of energy use that would likely contribute to sizing a system around 10 kW or greater are:
- The property itself is larger, perhaps with spacious entertaining spaces and 5+ bedrooms. We tend to see homes that are away from very developed areas, so watching out for tree-shading is essential to ensure good production.
- The home’s systems are mainly electric, including potentially space heating and water heating
- Some highly energy-intensive items (like a hot tub, pool especially a heated indoor pool or computer server) are present. Multiple refrigerators, a suite with a separate kitchen, and an electric vehicle charger may increase energy demand.
- The roof areas suitable for solar are large, unobstructed, and can accommodate large numbers of panels
- Solar systems in this size range are more likely to result if the customer determines with help from their tax preparer that they could potentially qualify for the federal solar tax credit of 30%
Frequently Asked Questions About Solar for Your Home:
How exactly does going solar and a solar system itself work?
How many solar panels do I need for my home?
Roof-size/available space: When we look at the size of your roof and the space available, we gather data that tell us the maximum number of solar panels your home or site can hold and we even consider shading. We use a software “Suneye” which takes a 360 picture of your roof and we use this photo to determine if your home is a good candidate for solar.
Energy Usage: When we determine energy usage we look at your past electrical bills from over the course of a year to make sure your system isn’t too big or too small.
Your Budget: We take your budget seriously and most importantly, we want you to be satisfied with our services. We take your feedback on how much you want to spend so that we can size your system appropriately.
What is solar net-metering?
Does Duke Energy offer net-metering?
Curious about the cost of a home solar system?
Start Your Solar Journey Now!
Speak to Us Today!
Home Solar System
The amount of electricity that a solar energy system will produce will depend on a number of factors, including the location of the home, system design, and much more. Ideally, a home with an unobstructed south-facing view will produce more than enough energy.
Installing battery backup along with your solar energy system for home or business is a smart move and can increase the value of your clean energy investment as well as peace of mind when a grid outage occur.
Electric cars – with no gas engine at all – now work for most budgets and lifestyles. With more and more models to choose from, drivers are choosing electric vehicles (or EVs) than ever before!
Ready to Own Your Own Energy?
Speak to Us Today!